Monday, September 26, 2011

One Heck of a Outdoor Chandelier

My husband and I have the privilege of getting together with four other couples every other month for a Gourmet Group dinner party. We don't have a fancy name or anything. We just all love making food or eating it... or both.

This month we hosted the dinner at our house and had a Greek theme to the evening. I will get into the food {and outfits} in a later post - it was amazing, as usual - but I have to highlight this amazing chandelier that my husband made on a whim with my branches. 


It's more of a floating centerpiece that doubled as lighting for us.


It was so neat to dine under this with friends and enjoy the warm glow of overhead candles while a slight, warm{ish} breeze blew and God held off the rain for us. Such a delightful touch to the evening.

I look at it now and think we could sell these through Pottery Barn or Restoration Hardware for $450 or so. What do you think?! :)

Signed,

Proud Wife

4 comments:

  1. Magical! And so impressively simple. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! My husband had such a blast making this! If only we had a bigger house, it would be a permanent feature. Glad you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. branches are gorgeous - what kind of tree?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tyler, the branches are aged manzanita! Aren't they fun?!

    ReplyDelete