Wednesday, February 16, 2011

New Find + "What's for Dinner"

{New Find}

When I collected manzanita branches from our cabin this summer, I wasn't sure if others would think they were as beautiful as I do. Well, apparently you do. A majority of custom orders request manzanita branches.

This week I had another such request, but I had run out of branches! Aaaah!! A sweet friend let me raid her backyard for branches, and then another friend gave me a tip on what's now my secret spot to find some really gorgeous manzanita - Thank you friends! (You know who you are.) ;)

So here is Karen's mobile that shipped out to her in South Carolina today.




Many well wishes to you and your soon-to-be new family, Karen!

{What's for Dinner}

Requests have been made for "a week in the life of Trapp dinners", so here goes the first (and only?) "What's for Dinner" post. I'll spare you all of the details, but feel free to leave a comment with questions and I'll be sure to answer them. 

Monday
Turkey Burger w/ Tomato & Lettuce
Kale Chips

Tuesday
Sauteed Salmon
Green Salad w/ Nuts tossed with Olive Oil, Balsamic Vinegar, S&P
Rice, Barley, Spelt Mixture (Trader Joe's)
My husband's plate/portions
Wednesday
My hubby and I got to be "models" in a photo shoot for
Windows on the Water
(That's us in the "Photos" section!)
We dined on their Frisee Salad
Goat Cheese Bruschetta (Incredible!)

Seared Rare Wild Fijian Ahi

Thursday
Chicken Skewers w/Olive Oil & Lemon Pepper
BBQ'd Tomatoes and Onions
Leftover Rice/Barley/Spelt from last night
Doesn't look all that appetizing but it tasted really good
My son's plate
Friday
Sauteed Pork Chops
Brown Rice
Roasted Brussel Sprouts
My father-in-law got me hooked on this brown rice. FANTASTIC texture. Very nutty. Amazing.

Saturday
Breakfast for Dinner!
Egg Whites Scrambled w/Low-Moisture/Light Mozzarella
Sauteed Zucchini
Cracked Wheat made w/Low-Sodium Chicken Broth

Sunday

Pizza Night with Good Friends!
I forgot to take a picture, but you can see how we do our Pizzas here


So... What do you think? Helpful? Entertaining? Boring? Appetizing? Want me to do it again some time? Same meal? You let me know. I'll perform. :)

Have a scrumptious day.

No comments:

Post a Comment