Saturday, January 7, 2012

Boy or Girl? How Would You Find Out?

Some people just have to know if they are having a boy or girl. It settles their heart. It fills them with excitement. It's a little taste of what's ahead.

My husband and I loooove the anticipation. We didn't find out the gender of our baby with either of our previous kids, and we aren't going to with this pregnancy either. But a little part of me questioned that approach for a bit with a recent customer.

She emailed and said that she was having an ultrasound two days before Christmas and they planned to find out the gender, but they wanted to wait until Christmas to find out. She asked that I make a "boy" blankie and a "girl" blankie, and she came to me with an envelope right after her ultrasound. Inside... was the gender. :)


I felt so honored to be the first one {okay, second, behind the ultrasound technician} to know what she was having. It tickled me even more when I heard her say that she thought she had seen the gender on the screen when she took a peak, and she was wrong. {Double :)}

I wrapped the appropriate blankie in a gift box she provided, and sealed the box. She took it home, wrapped it, and they opened it in front of both families on Christmas day. It's a...
BOY

Did you find out? Did you do it in a fun way? Do share! I'll live vicariously through you.

.molly

1 comment:

  1. I thought FOR CERTIAN that I was having a boy the first time and SURPRISE..it was a girl. Then with Luke, I KNEW he as a boy because I had a dream. With Sam..it was complete and utter joy no matter when we knew because it was such a miracle to even be pregnant again. SO excited for all of you.

    ReplyDelete