Monday, August 12, 2013

Avocado Lime Ice Cream Pie with Chocolate Coconut Crust

When I read The Healthy Aperture blog post for an Avocado Lime Ice Cream Pie with Chocolate Coconut Crust, I thought I might be having a dream with all my favorite foods. Actually, I don't LOVE coconut, but with all those other ingredients I knew I had to try this out.

Just a few days later, I got to try it out when my brother- and sister-in-law visited with their new baby, Lily. Isn't her smile the sweetest! 


Bridget was a little curious of who the new cutie-pie was, but she quickly warmed up and started bringing the "ba" toys and love. 


ANYway, back to the most amazing pie ever. The recipe is so simple: avocado, lime juice, a little sugar, nonfat Greek yogurt, coconut, dark chocolate, and coconut oil. It takes minutes to prepare, little clean-up, and the taste is totally amazing.



I would highly recommend making this delicious dessert some time very soon. Take advantage of summer's wonderful avocados while you still can.

enjoy.

.molly

No comments:

Post a Comment