Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Special Custom Mobile for Alzheimer's Mom

Some people get Cookie+Curly mobiles for their child's room. Some, for their bathroom or playroom. Others, for their kitchen window.

Last June {yes, it takes me forever to blog}, I got an email from a woman named Terri, whose mother was in the final stages of Alzheimer's. I'm not sure if she is still alive, but I'd like to think that she is - either happily here, or in heaven.

Terri and her siblings/in-laws wanted to give their mom {who is also a great grandmother}, something uniquely special for her to look at as she rested throughout the day. "Mom" always had a love for birds and flowers, and through The Pleated Poppy's blog, Terri came across my bird mobiles. When she contacted me to make her mobile, I was honored.

She wanted bright colors, with birds perched as well as "flying" below. "Mom's" two favorite birds are goldfinches and cardinals so those needed to be included, and she requested some greens and blues.


They gave the mobile to Mom on a special half-birthday celebration with the whole family and extended family. 

"We know that our Mom will love the bird mobile, even though she won’t be able to verbally express this to us.  When she looks up at her ceiling and sees the colorful birds perched there, we just know it is sure to bring her joy! Thanks again for working on our special and beautiful birds, Molly!"

Most of the work I do is custom, and I love each and every one I do. Please let me know if I can make one for you!

enjoy.

.molly

p.s. That was the last custom mobile I made. That night I took this picture, and the next day our sweet pea #3 joined us! Yikes... A lot has gone on in a year!


No comments:

Post a Comment