Monday, January 24, 2011

Introducing the "NSNC". Plus, Help Needed.

So, what's the "NSNC"? 

A few of you requested that each week I suggest a "totally doable" nutrition "challenge" for people to do each week. Something that's beyond "eat more veggies" - A specific thing one can be challenged to accomplish that week that wouldn't be overwhelming but would possibly be something new and would definitely up the anty on one's nutrition.

I thus began the "Not So Nutty Challenge" (NSNC). 

This week, crush your phobia of what you've assumed to be dry, chalky, and tasteless. Flax. You can read more about all the great benefits of it here, but I'm here to offer you a few ways you truly can enjoy this fantastically, nutritious but for many, taste-challenging wonder.

- Sprinkle into yogurt or cottage cheese
- Bake into baked goods (muffins, breads, etc.)
- Mix into your hot cereal
- Sprinkle on salad
- Stir into your nut butters
- Add to your waffles or pancakes
- Add to a shake (Are you listening, Jamba?!)
- Add into ground meats (meatballs, spaghetti sauce, 
- Add into your homemade pizza crust (More on pizza later)

Very important: Whole flax seeds just pass through your body so make sure you are using ground flax/flax meal/milled flax (all the same thing). Start slowly as it's very fibrous. Keep it in the freezer once open. Just email me for specific recipes, or Google away!

Let me know what you think! And, leave comments on any other ways you enjoy flax.

Okay, on to the feedback that I need. I'm making some new jewelry and would love your opinion on which earring style looks better:
Aquamarine Faceted Crystal
I have these in a ridiculously gorgeous gold/silver/translucent color too that is versatile and so pretty - I can't wait to get it out to you.

Also, do you like the handmade, wire-wrapped rings or the heartier adjustable rings better?
Handmade, Antique Ivory Floral Wire Ring
Handmade, Wire-Wrapped Nest Ring
Pink Metal Enamel Adjustable Ring
Lavender Carnation Adjustable Ring
White Carnation Adjustable Ring
The wire rings are definitely delicate, special-occasion rings, whereas the adjustable rings can withstand anything you throw at them, yet still throwing back a feminine bling like no other.

Your feedback is really appreciated as these products are all for you and people like you!

Thank you for your help, and please let me know how the NSNC goes for you.

Best,

1 comment:

  1. I love the big chunky flower rings. Big is in!! :)I want one!! I will be ordering soon.
    Love Flax seed! cereal, yogurt etc. didnt know to keep it in the freezer! Thanks!!! purchased Kale and will be turning it into chips soon!! I will let you know how the "challenges" go for the week. NSNC!!!! I love it. :)

    P.S. I vote for the longer green ear rings.

    ReplyDelete