Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Pretty in Pink, and... Peanut Butter?!

Pink. Birds. Two loves of little girls. Now, a soon-to-be-born little sweet-pea girl is going to have her own "Pretty in Pink" Cookie+Curly mobile hanging in her room. 

"Pretty in Pink" 4-Bird Mobile (Custom)
I fell in love with this fabric when I first saw it and I'm so happy it fit someone's desires for their custom birds. In fact, I'm making another order right now with the same fabric. Anyone else? :)





That brings up a good point - If you have gone through the mobile pictures on Cookie+Curly's Facebook page and you like the birds but you're not perfectly in love with any one fabric choice, email me and let's get a custom order going for you. It's just $5 more to get the exact mobile you want.

So, completely changing modes... Peanut Butter. The one thing I absolutely have to eat every day or else I just feel like I'm missing something. I definitely prefer the "natural" peanut butter with only peanuts and salt (yes, I haven't been able to go "no salt" with peanut butter). And, crunchy. You?

As a Registered Dietitian, I often have clients tell me they avoid peanut butter because it was "fatty". I then explain that the fat found in peanut butter is "good fat", but that the high caloric-density of peanut butter does make the quantity enjoyed important to keep in check.

So, how do we enjoy peanut butter in our house...

- "Daddy Toast": toast topped with peanut butter, cottage cheese and no-added-sugar jam
- Classic PB&J's or PB&H's.
- Souped-Up French Toast: peanut butter and bananas between two slices of whole grain bread, dipped in egg whites and sauted until golden.
- "Ants on a Log": peanut butter spread on celery, dotted with "ants" (Craisins, raisins, or other chopped, dried fruit)
- "Banana Boats": banana sliced down the middle, peanut butter, light sprinkle of granola
- Peanut Butter and Avocado Sandwiches
- Smoothies: peanut butter, non-fat Greek yogurt, banana, ground flaxseed
- Ginger-Peanut Chicken-Salad Wraps using whole wheat tortillas
- Grilled Lemon Chicken with Satay Dip (Barefoot Contessa)
- Thai Beef Salad with Peanut-Ginger Dressing
- Double Peanut Butter Chocolate Chewies: haven't tried these yet but can you imagine?!
- Perfected S'mores: peanut butter on graham crackers, slightly roasted marshmallows, Hershey's dark chocolate
- Peanut Energy Bars: for those long hikes or all-day outdoor adventures (Super high in potassium - a great counter to sodium!)
- My best friend and I used to have peanut butter and honey in a bowl as an afternoon snack after school... I'm getting HUNGRY!

Ah, the list goes on and on.

P.S. A young girl from church, Sophie, is a finalist in Jif's "Most Creative Peanut Butter Sandwich" Contest. Hers is the "Golden Peanut Yum Yum Roll" - Feel free to vote for it!

Okay, I'm off to fix a little snack.


No comments:

Post a Comment