Friday, August 5, 2011

Saying Goodbye... For Now.

My "Grandaddy" passed away at 11:55am today. 

Grammie & Grandaddy
He was a good man. A hard worker. A bomber pilot in WWII. A husband for close to 70 years. A father of three, including my mom. A woodworker. A grandad that always managed to find "honey" in my neck when I was a kid. A story-teller. A "comedian" that would always say, "This looks good enough to eat!" every time he sat down for dinner. Every time. Or, "Would you like some fresh sneezed orange juice?" when pouring juice in the morning.

My "Grammie" is still here on earth. He was her rock. My heart weeps when I think of her heart right now.

The nurse that was with my Grandad today said he did his physical therapy this morning, was pleasant to everyone, then returned to his room and fainted. When she brought him to, he was lying in bed. He looked to the ceiling, toward Heaven, and said, "You're so beautiful" with a big smile on his face. Then, he closed his eyes.

I pray that he was looking at Jesus at that moment, and that I will reunite with him someday. I also pray my Grammie finds peace from the ultimate Comforter, as she has practically never been without my Grandad.

Psalm 73:26
My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. 


No comments:

Post a Comment