Tuesday, May 22, 2012

One Yummy Kale Salad

Up until about three years ago, I always considered kale to be that super stiff, dark green plant that comes as a decoration or space-filler on your plate - it was definitely not to be eaten. And then I discovered kale chips. Oh, yum.

And now I *look* for recipes with kale in them so that I can enjoy kale in yet another amazing way. My most recent discovery was served to our family up at our cabin this winter. Delicious. I have to share.

And, if you're in my boat from years ago, thinking kale is way to green and nutritious-looking to actually taste good, try this {or kale chips} before you completely cross it off your list.


Super Yummy Kale Salad

Salad:
1 bunch kale of choice
Craisins - chopped
Sunflower seeds - toasted {optional: with vegetable-based "butter" & lightly salted}

Dressing:
Lemon zest
Lemon juice
Olive oil
Salt
Pepper

You'll notice there are no real quantities listed out. That's where YOU come in. Play around with what tastes best to you. If you're new to kale, you may enjoy more craisins &/or seeds in your salad. I love lemon so I prefer more lemon than olive oil, but you could be different.

If kale is not new to you, how do you enjoy it best? I'd love to try it your way!

.enjoy

molly

P.S. Kale is an incredible source of vitamins A, C & K, as well as fiber, magnesium, and a boat load of antioxidants. It's worth getting to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment