Monday, June 6, 2011

Home-Schooling... Am I Nuts?!

I had the pleasure of spending time today with a good friend, Lindsey Cheney who owns The Pleated Poppy. We both have multiple kids, a passion for our businesses, extremely understanding husbands, sleep-deprivation, and a life that seems very overwhelming. It was great to trade strategies and commiserate a bit. :)

One of the main things standing out in my mind right now was her idea to set aside specific time to check email, Twitter {follow her here}, blogs, Facebook {are you following C+C yet?} etc. and then keep it out of your head the rest of the time.
I've been struggling with feeling the "need" to keep my finger on the pulse of my business, all the while being a stay-at-home-mom raising two little ones who TRULY need my attention.

What's your philosophy? How do you balance it all?

Hearing Lindsey's {ideal} approach {it's a work in progress} inspired me to do the same. We'll see how it goes. Thank you, Lindsey, for the fun walk and chatting today.

{Home-Schooling}

Ironically, as Lindsey and I spent much of our time talking about business and family and how hard it is to balance just those two things, we were also talking home-schooling as she will be home-schooling her three kids next year.

San Luis Obispo has a wonderful option for part-time home-schooling, part-time in-school for kids pre-K to 12th grade. The school is called San Luis Obispo Classical Academy or "SLOCA" for short. 

I'm debating. It's an incredible lifestyle change and one I truly did not think I would consider, but with many of the government's mandates and the alternatives available now, I'm very tempted.

What do you think? Do you home-school? Am I nuts?! I've got at least a year to figure it all out. I'd appreciate your help!


1 comment:

  1. Molly, you are not nuts. Unless I am, too. :-) SLOCA is a wonderful option. I love that my kids get the best of both worlds- home instruction as well as a classroom setting, incredible teacher support, and quality curriculum that we get to work with. AND I love that I'm not shuttling my kids back and forth to school every day. It's actually easier and simpler for me to homeschool my four than to ship them off to their various schools. Seriously. :-)

    ReplyDelete