Friday, July 29, 2011

Mediterranean Chicken Quickie

As I sit hear enjoying my favorite leftovers, I realize that I haven't shared one of my {and my husband's} favorite recipes with you! This recipe was passed down to me through my mom and originated with one of her friends.


Mediterranean Chicken

1) Preheat oven to 350F
2) Add olive oil to large saucepan and heat to medium-high.
3) Slice boneless, skinless chicken breasts into 2"-square pieces, roughly.
4) Place chicken pieces in bowl of breadcrumbs and toss to coat.
5) Brown the chicken pieces {about 2 min per side} and place in a large Pyrex dish.
6) Once all pieces have been browned, toss in cherry tomatoes, capers and pitted black olives {as many as you'd like of each - I usually omit the olives as I'm not a fan of olives; sometimes we go crazy with the tomatoes and that's our veggie intake for dinner}.
7) Sprinkle with olive oil, and toss.
8) Bake for 12 min or until chicken pieces are fully cooked and tomatoes have softened.

We usually serve with a salad and brown rice however I forgot to make the rice last night so we had whole-grain Rotini pasta instead.

Kids love it. Makes great leftovers. One of my favorites.

Do you have a favorite way of cooking chicken & veggies that's super easy and all enjoy? If so, share the wealth!

{P.S.}

Couldn't help but share this photo of my sweetheart from yesterday. We went for a jog and as I stopped to show her a kitty, I found her sitting in this sassy position with a cute little grin.


Love her!


2 comments: