Thursday, July 21, 2011

My Happy Place: The Cabin

We are blessed to be able to continue a family tradition to a second generation by traveling to our mountain cabin, "The Lake House", each year. We were just up there recently and I just have to share some of the photos as it's my ultimate "happy place".


My husband grew up coming to this lake with his family and family friends with whom we still share the cabin. {I grew up going to a similar lake so I totally get the magical beautiful and peace that comes in such a simple form.}

It is tremendously special to do with our kids what my husband and I both did growing up - canoeing, hiking...

sailing...

The perfect Christmas card picture only incredibly out of focus. Bummer. Like who's steering?


pancakes every morning... 


s'mores as the sunlight starts to fade...

Jet-Puffed Marshmallow, Honeymaid graham cracker, Hershey's dark chocolate, & natural peanut butter.
board/card games, being creative in the silence of the cabin, {we don't have music or tv at the cabin}...



midday ice cream lakeside...

Special treat from Nana.
playing by the shore, dinners outside {always shared with the smell of "Off" in the air}, animal/bird watching... 


setting up the birds and critters for the ultimate treat...

That's cousin Conner being the ultimate teacher: pine cone, cheap peanut butter, bird seeds.
and crashing, BIG-time, on the car ride home.


I can't wait to get up there again sooooon!

No comments:

Post a Comment