Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Green-Cakes

As you know, I'm always trying to find new ways to get veggies in my sweet, darling little ones. Well these hit to spot tonight!

 

Yes, we had breakfast for dinner upon the personal request of my little Princess. But dinner is a big time for veggies for us and kids didn't nap today {read: exTREMEly tired kiddos} so I had to think of something... Something different.

I'll just say it right now: They look disgusting and VERY green but honestly, they tasted great. The egg and flour balanced out the spinach and they had a crepe taste to them.
I got the recipe from AllRecipes.com when I Googled "spinach pancakes". You basically mix thawed spinach, an egg, and flour and season with salt and pepper. {They suggested adding paprika but I added garlic powder instead.}


Then you saute them in olive oil for a few minutes on each side, basically until the egg is cooked and they're browned a bit on either side.

So, yes. They still look disgusting when they're done, but I promise you they really taste great. {I'll admit - There was some dipping in syrup by some.}

 
Try them with your kids {or spouse, for that matter} and let me know what they think. 


No comments:

Post a Comment