Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Axel, and a Little Bread

"Axel"... The name makes me want to pick up a guitar and rock out! At least get the fist-pumping going. But then there's sweet, precious Axel. An almost 2 year old sporting wild, deep brown curls, a shy but overwhelming smirk, and a little bod you just can't help but pick up and squeeze. Two different Axel's. The latest bird mobile is going out to the latter.

Axel's parents have a great sense of style as seen in the custom woodwork, modern colors and sophisticated but totally livable furniture in their home. Not only that, but they have their own solar energy business and mom, when not showering love on Axel, showers love to those in need. (Check out Mindful Mothers to see just one project she does on the side.)

Axel's room is green, orange, brown and white. Mom wanted to match those colors but not fill the smaller room with too much "stuff". She chose a 3-bird mobile and picked out the prints herself out of my stash. (Another bird flew in and landed last minute, tying in the green of the room and completing a happy bird flock.)





Happy Birthday, Axel!

On a completely separate and very random note, I love to bake. Something about the busyness of my hands, the perfumes of flour, applesauce (my substitute for oil), and honey, and then watching it turn from liquid to fluffy goodness that tastes amazing. It is always such a treat! 

Well, tomorrow morning I have a Bible study brunch celebrating Christmas and I'm one of a few bringing bread. Needless to say, I don't have a lot of free time these days but my core will not allow me to buy bread and bring it to a function like this. Meet Honey Oat Quick Bread.

Honey Oat Quick Bread - EatingWell.com
Beyond easy. Super tasty. Moderately dense yet not chewy and bland like some other oat breads I've made. I can't say much more because you just have to taste it to see what I'm talking about. It takes about 10 minutes to make and 45 minutes to bake. Try it out.


No comments:

Post a Comment