Thursday, December 30, 2010

Christmas Pleasures

Okay, it's not Christmas anymore, but there are some things about Christmas that you just need to recognize and appreciate before people forget about them.

#1: Peppermint Stick Ice Cream. God's gift to me. Oh, how I love that stuff. We've (I've) gone through two gallons of that stuff since the holiday season began. What am I going to do without it?! Which brings me to...

#2: Okay, who's been holding out on me. What kind of goodness is this and why have I never had one of these amazing chocolate-covered, chocolate-filled Oreo-like cookies before?


A wonderful friend gave us a tin of a mixture of cookies for Christmas and inside was this beautifully tasting chocolate wonder of a cookie. Can anyone name it? I've yet to see my friend but I am sure to find out. WOW, are they good!

(And yes, that is blue nail polish. Girl's Night. I'll just leave it at that.)

#3: There are commercials on t.v. right now that talk about what if we treated every day like it was New Years and paid as much attention to our goals as we do on that day. Well, my thought is, what would life be like if we always celebrated Christ's birth the way we do at Christmas time. 

More peace. More joy. More gratitude. More love. More songs. More cheerfulness. More giving. 

I pray that I am able to hold onto the spirit of Christmas for as long as possible this year, treasuring the ultimate Gift we've been given and remembering why It was given.

I hope you all had a wonderful time these last few weeks.


No comments:

Post a Comment