Monday, November 22, 2010

A Little of This, and a Little of That

Today was a good day in many senses. And then, there were a few hiccups. The day started strong with a wonderful, crisp hike to the "M" of Madonna Mountain with my little side-kick, "Curly". 

She loves to walk now ("Heidi do") so the only way I can get her to stay put in the hiking backpack now is to load up her "lovey" (she never was one for a pacifier) and hit the trail. And yes, those are Kix.

During "naptime" I selected and cut a huge number of birds.




I put naptime in quotes because this is when the hiccup was...

Remember the story from a few days ago of my son and entire bottle of moisturizing cream? Well, Round 2 happen today. Yeah.

I checked in on him about 10 minutes into when he was supposed to be napping, only to find him this time behind his previously-upholstered-but-now-naked-because-it's-at-the-cleaners rocking chair. I looked closer and found a trail of lotion on the floor. I hustled to the chair, only to find that my sensory-loving boy had covered the back of the rocking chair, the carpeting, and was working now working on the curtains. What?!?!

I don't need to go into what happened next. Needless to say, as expected by a healthy 3 year old, he recovered quickly and built a "pirate ship" in the livingroom. Ahoy there!

I conclude my day having just sewn twenty nine birds for the Stitch Market boutique on December 2nd. Had to cram in a lot of work to allow for at least a little down time this week.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, if I don't blog before then.

No comments:

Post a Comment