Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Simple Sweetness + Winner, Winner

{Simple Sweetness}

Blankies and blankets continue to go out to all of those adorable little ones celebrating births, and birthdays. Remember: Dollar shipping and free pacifier "leash" when ordered through Cookie+Curly's website.


{Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner}

I have gotten so drained trying to figure out dinner for my kids lately. For this reason, I'm on a mission to revamp the kid's usual dinner routine {results will be shared upon completion} but in the meantime, I'm sticking to serving what I know will go down well. I'll do anything to avoid another night of tears because they don't want to eat what I made. {Doesn't happen ALL the time, but enough so that something has to change.}

SO, these are my sure-to-be-eaten chicken fingers that relieve my do-I-HAVE-to-figure-out-another-dinner woes.

1. Preheat oven to 415F
2. Mix 1 egg, 1 Tbsp honey, & 1/3 c milk, 1 tsp of mustard (optional) in a shallow dish
3. In another dish, crush about 2 c bran flakes (or any other whole grain cereal)
Mmmmm... Looking yummy, right?!
4. Cut boneless, skinless chicken breast into strips good for little hands to hold

5. Dip chicken strips into wet mixture, then into the dry mixture. Place the fingers on a baking sheet lightly coated with cooking spray, or lined with parchment paper.

6. Cook 10-15min (depends on heat of your oven)

Since the oven was at the right temperature, I also made Sweet P. Fries

I rarely serve food with ketchup as we usually use tomato/marinara sauce instead, but on this occasion I did provide Trader Joe's ketchup. 

I never thought I was a connoisseur {I had to look that one up} of ketchup, but once I tasted this one I got hooked. It's sweeter, organic, and has less sodium per serving than traditional ketchup. Try it!

Next up on the blog... A step-by-step how-to on making a super awesome cape for a super awesome little kid.

Thanks for reading, and for telling your friends about Cookie+Curly!


No comments:

Post a Comment